Vision: One of the most admired young universities in Asia by 2030
Our aspiration is to be one of the most admired young universities in Asia by 2030. VLU constantly strives for the best and goes beyond the limits of a conventional university, recognized for breakthrough achievements in higher education, innovation, and contributions to Vietnam and the global community.
Mission: Educating people that bring inspirational impact to society
We educate talents to be the best they can be, to become lifelong learners living up to their full potential. We nurture them to embrace their role as future leaders in their areas of fullfillment. By creating an innovative ecosystem for learners, academics and businesses, we empower them to connect, learn and develop breakthrough solutions for a better future. Through this, we serve the country and bring inspirational impact to society at large.
(According to Decision No.108/QĐ/VL-HĐT 18th, August, 2020 of Chairman of the Van Lang University’s Council about Mission, Vision, Core values).
Core values: Morality – Will – Creativity
Educational philosophy: A holistic, lifelong, ethical and impactful learning experience
- We firmly believe in the holistic development of people;
- We help our students to discover and unlock their full potential;
- We equip our students with academic skills, creative mindsets, entrepreneurship as well as leadership skills and life skills;
- To best assist in this, technology is integrated into our field of education;
- We make sure our students are well prepared for their careers and enable them to lead meaningful, productive, fulfilling and impactful lives in future.
- We believe in lifelong learning – learning doesn’t start at or stop after university;
- We offer our students lifelong learning opportunities – before and after university – amongst others through our K-12 program, our executive education program and our alumni program;
- We nurture the capabilities of everyone to strive for personal excellence at any given time in their life.
- We create an ethical learning experience and nurture high moral values among our students;
- We ensure that oriental values – morality, will and creativity – are instilled in the curricula that we teach;
- We encourage our students to live good lives and to be global citizens, making our world a better place.
- We aspire our students to bring inspirational impact to society;
- We provide a broad range of opportunities for our students to exercise their leadership, and to make a positive contribution to the local and international community;
- Ultimately, through VLU, we bring the best of Vietnam to the world.
(According to Decision No.109/QĐ/VL-HĐT 18th, August, 2020 of Chairman of the Van Lang University’s Council about Educational Philosophy).
Strategic target 2020 – 2025, vision by 2030
- To be one of Asia’s most admired young universities, educating holistic, lifelong learning and ethical people that bring inspirational impact to society.
- Successfully upgrade Van Lang to a national-level university.
- To be a human-centered organization based on meritocracy in a strong culture; build a quality and competent workforce to fulfill VLU’s vision and mission; ensure to elevate the physical and spiritual well-being of employees.
- Offer diverse training programs, attentional to foreign language and technological capabilities, and adaptive to changes in market and society.
- Establish and operate the Van Lang Innovation Center – a pioneer in offering breakthrough solutions to national and regional problems, thereby bringing positive changes to VLU and the community
- Foster the international cooperation programs on education and research with top universities in the world, strongly attracting global students to Van Lang.
- Build a lean organizational structure in line with international standards, ensuring to operate effectively based on intensive technology application.
- Complete the construction and operation of facility platforms in three regions – the North, the Central and the South.
- Develop the Van Lang digital ecosystem as a convergent hub, connecting individuals, organizations and communities for sharing and contributing to the mission of human resource training and social services.
- Develop the Van Lang Education Fund as a leading institution for social services in Van Lang community and in Vietnam at large.
(According to Decision No.110/QĐ/VL-HĐT 18th, August, 2020 of Chairman of the Van Lang University’s Council about Strategic target 2020 – 2025, Vision by 2030).